What is up, Elevate Family!
I hope that you all are having a great week!!
I have an exciting update for all of you about Serve the Shore on July 14th and 15th. I met with the Project Leader for our service project and found out that we will be building a wheelchair ramp for a World War 2 veteran the day before his 99th birthday. Along with that update, I also got all the release forms for this project together from them. So if your student would like to join, I need you and your student to fill out the documents ASAP. That way, we can get T-Shirt sizes for all of our students!
Your student must attend the service project on July 14th to go with us to the beach on July 15th.
The form is at the bottom of this post.
After you fill out the Google Form for this event, you will receive an e-mail with an additional form from the organization. From what they told me when we met to talk about the project, they were trying to get a tv crew to highlight this project for the local news; that is the reason for the final form.
There is no cost for this event other than the money they would want to bring for any additional snacks at Wawa on July 14th and lunch on July 15th when we are at OC for our Beach day. Your students are responsible for their own spending money these days.
Dress Code for the Beach: This is for all students. Please be sure to wear a modest bathing suit when we go to the beach. (Please bring your own beach towel and sunscreen for this day.)
Time frame/Plan for the Weekend.
· July 14th :
– We will be meeting at the Church at 7:50 AM to head down to the work project.
– We will be proving Lunch
– Our goal is to return to the church around 4:00 PM, but we will keep you all up to date on our arrival time back at the church.
Things to bring/ be prepared for:
1. A refillable water bottle
2. Work gloves
3. Be dressed and ready to do some work.
5. Spending money for snacks at Wawa if they would like.
· July 15th
– We will be leaving the church at 8:30 AM to go to Cross Pointe. There we will be meeting up with the other churches that will be joining us for this day down at OC.
– Lunch: Students are to bring their own lunch money.
Three students to a group for lunch
o Rules for lunch:
o Students must stick together in groups of three if they are going to get lunch without an adult in their group. If your student is found by them selves and refuses to remain in a group of three, I would like to reserve the right to call you as parents to come pick them up from the beach.
I will inform the students of this rule leading up to the beach day as well as the day of. My goal is to keep your students safe as well as have fun.
– We will be leaving the Beach down in OC around 2:00 PM to return back to the Church.
o We will keep up to date on our estimated arrival time back to the church.
Things to bring/be prepared for and beach rules:
1. A refillable water bottle
3. Beach towel
4. Spending money for Lunch on July 15th for Lunch and other foods.
5. Students must stick together in groups of three if they are going to get lunch without an adult in their group. If your student is found by them selves and refuses to remain in a group of three, I would like to reserve the right to call you as parents to come pick them up from the beach.
I will inform the students of this rule leading up to the beach day as well as the day of. My Goal is to keep your students safe as well as have fun.
Thing Not To Bring:
1. A bad attitude.
2. Any sort of weapon
3. Any drug or drug paraphernalia
Rain out information If we get rained out one of these days we will just push the day back to the following day.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Here is the Link for the Google Registration Form for this event. https://forms.gle/CRne9P4dqfzWYd8w9