I have a few updates for all of you as parents for this event. Also, please take a look at the schedule for this event. We have a few updates on Thursday to be noted.
Serve the Shore is almost here. We will serve in our community this upcoming Thursday and Friday. As a reminder, we will be building a wheelchair ramp for a World War 2 veteran the day before his 99th birthday.
As a reminder, if your student plans to attend, I need your student to be registered on the Google Form that is attached at the bottom of this post. In addition to that Google Form, there will be a release form for your student to be recorded while working on the job site. That form should come up right after you fill out the Google Form, or you will receive an e-mail with an additional document from the organization. That last form needs to be turned in to me this Wednesday at Elevate, or it needs to be brought with you on the day of the event on the 14th. This last form is due to the local TV station and the nonprofit wanting to use footage from our project on July 14th.
The cut-off date to register for this event is tomorrow, July 12th.
Your student must attend the service project on July 14th to go with us to the beach on July 15th.
Just as a reminder
There is no cost for this event other than the money they would want to bring for any additional snacks at Wawa on July 14th and lunch on July 15th when we are at OC for our Beach Day. Your students are responsible for their own spending money for these days.
Dress Code for the Beach: This is for all students. Please wear a modest bathing suit when we go to the beach. (Please bring your own beach towel, sunscreen, and flip-flops.)
Time frame/Plan for the Weekend.
· July 14th: (Please look below for the changes.)
- We will meet at the church at 7:50 AM to head down to the work project.
- We will be providing Lunch
- The Work Project will be finishing up around 4:00 PM
- 4:30 to 8:00 PM Dinner at Cross Pointe
- We will go to Cross Pointe for dinner and Youth Group games. Dinner will be with Cross Pointe and York Stillmeado.
- We will return to LNC around 8:30 PM, but we will keep you as parents updated on our arrival time back to the Church.
Things to bring/ be prepared for:
- A refillable water bottle
- Work gloves
- Be dressed and ready to do some work.
- Spending money for snacks at Wawa if they would like.
· July 15th
- We will meet at the Church at 8:00 AM and leave at 8:30 AM to go to Cross Pointe. There we will meet up with the other churches joining us for this day down at OC.
- Lunch: Students are to bring their own lunch money.
- Rules for lunch and going to the Boardwalk:
- Three students to a group for lunch or to go to the Boardwalk.
- Students must stick together in groups of three if they get lunch without an adult in their group. If your student is found by themselves and refuses to remain in a group of three, I would like to reserve the right to call you as parents to come pick them up from the beach.
- I will inform the students of this rule leading up to the beach day and the day of. My goal is to keep your students safe as well as have fun.
- We will leave the beach down in OC around 2:00 PM to return to LNC.
- We will keep you as parents up to date on our estimated arrival time back to the church.
Things to bring/be prepared for and beach rules:
- A refillable water bottle
- Beach towel
- Spending money for Lunch on July 15th for Lunch and other foods.
Thing Not To Bring:
- A bad attitude.
- Any sort of weapon
- Any drug or drug paraphernalia
Rain out information: If we get rained out one of these days, we will just push the day back to the following day.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out!